March 8th is International Women’s Day, and all month we celebrate the achievements of women in the plastics and manufacturing industries. Women make up 48% of the workforce in Canada, yet just 28% of the manufacturing force is female. This month we aim to create awareness of women in manufacturing and plastics.
Women in plastics initiatives help raise the profile of women in this rewarding industry by:
- Promoting female role models within manufacturing
- Providing access to modern manufacturing facilities
- Encouraging girls to learn about and appreciate STEM careers
- Creating more inclusive workplaces
- Providing better work-life balance standards within the industry
The Women in Manufacturing initiative by the Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters supports attracting women into manufacturing careers. Their We Can Do It! campaign aims to attract 100,000 new women into manufacturing over the next five years.
Today we applaud all women working at Plastifab and in the larger plastics and manufacturing industry as a whole. We hope to do our part to increase women’s profiles within this rewarding industry for years to come.