Polyether ether ketone (PEEK) is a unique, semi-crystalline, high temperature engineering thermoplastic.
It is an excellent material for a wide spectrum of applications where thermal, chemical, and combustion properties are critical to performance. Especially significant in this regard is PEEK’s ability to retain its flexural and tensile properties at very high temperatures in excess of 250°C (482°F). The addition of glass fiber or carbon fiber reinforcements enhances the mechanical and thermal properties of the basic PEEK material.
Due to its robustness, PEEK is used to fabricate items used in demanding applications, including bearings, piston parts, pumps, high-performance liquid chromatography columns, compressor plate valves, and electrical cable insulation. It is one of the few plastics compatible with ultra-high vacuum applications.
PEEK has greater strength and rigidity than many of the other engineering thermoplastics, making it tough over a wide range of temperatures.
- Excellent chemical resistance at high temperatures
- Excellent high temperature performance for all mechanical properties
- Excellent wear and abrasion resistance at high temperatures
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance at high temperatures
- Excellent gamma radiation resistance
- Resistant to most organic and inorganic chemicals
- Good impact resistance
- Low wear rate
- Low coefficient of friction