DELRIN® acetal resin, a product of DuPont, is formed from the polymerization of formaldehyde. The tightly interlocked helical molecules and high crystallinity result in excellent mechanical properties.
DELRIN® is a crystalline plastic which offers an excellent balance of properties that bridge the gap between metals and plastics. DELRIN® possesses high tensile strength, creep resistance and toughness. It also exhibits low moisture absorption. It is chemically resistant to hydrocarbons, solvents and neutral chemicals. These properties along with its fatigue endurance make DELRIN® ideal for many industrial applications.
The property superiority of DELRIN® classify it as an “engineering resin’, a term used for plastics which can compete with metals in many applications.
- High mechanical strength and rigidity
- Toughness and high resistance to repeated impacts
- Long-term fatigue endurance
- Excellent resistance to moisture, gasoline, solvents, and many other neutral chemicals
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Good resilience and resistance to creep
- Natural lubricity
- Wide end-use temperature range
- Good electrical insulating characteristics