- Polyether ether ketone (PEEK) is a unique, semi-crystalline, high-temperature engineering thermoplastic. It is an excellent material for a wide spectrum of applications where thermal, chemical and combustion properties are critical to performance.
- PEEK retains its flexural and tensile properties at very high temperatures in excess of 250°C (482°F).
- PEEK has greater strength and rigidity than many of the other engineering thermoplastics, making it tough over a wide range of temperatures.
- The addition of glass fiber or carbon fiber reinforcements enhances the mechanical and thermal properties of the basic PEEK material.
- Due to its robustness, PEEK is used to fabricate items used in demanding applications, including bearings, piston parts, pumps, high-performance liquid chromatography columns, compressor plate valves, and electrical cable insulation. It is one of the few plastics compatible with ultra-high vacuum applications.
- Excellent chemical resistance at high temperatures
- Excellent high-temperature performance for all mechanical properties
- Excellent wear and abrasion resistance at high temperatures
- Excellent hydrolysis resistance at high temperatures
- Excellent gamma radiation resistance
- Resistant to most organic and inorganic chemicals
- Good impact resistance
- Low wear rate
- Low coefficient of friction